MEET MY CAMERA: NIKON D300S

Saturday 3 September 2011























This post title is slightly untrue seeing as it's not technically my camera, no matter how much I wish it was. It's actually my mother's and I get to use it on the odd occasion that she gets fed up with being camerawoman on trips, and when she's kind because I've run out of money to buy batteries for mine. It's a Nikon D300S and a much, much higher quality camera than mine, and you can tell from the shots (though I like to think I do alright with mine) and I absolutely love using it, though it's a bit more effort because you can't stick it on automatic when you get tired of trying to focus on a plant that just will not stay still. However the effort is totally worth it when you get perfectly exposed, perfectly coloured shots in perfect focus and an image of a quality that you could blow up to fit the side of your house. As well as a normal range lens she also has a Tamron fixed macro lens, which is a joy to use as long as you're not the person with the shakiest hands in the world (me). I can draw perfect straight lines and write completely levelly without problems, but then I pick up a camera at an opportune moment and it all goes to pot.

3 comments:

  1. haha, sure you're a lot better than me! can't wait to get my hands on a half as nice camera when I'm older, it's lush! x

    ramz and the flock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my mother had one of these babies taht I could beg, borrow and steal off her! Your images are always beautiful regrdless of what you shoot them on x

    ReplyDelete