KEATON HENSON AT THE CINEMA MUSEUM

Wednesday 17 October 2012

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be able to go to see Keaton Henson (a little obsession of mine, and subject of three previous posts on the blog - his 'Small Hands' video, his drawings and a beautiful one-shot video) at the Kennington Cinema Museum. The venue was so perfect for the music and vice versa. Guesting on the stage were The Staves, three beautiful sisters with equally beautiful voices, who sang backing vocals on a couple of his songs and also had Keaton sing with them their wonderful song 'Icarus'. Watching the wonderful cellist Ren Ford play with Keaton I remembered my love for the instrument, and I'm hoping to learn to play soon.

I met Keaton afterwards in the smoking area (thanks to kind advice from a friend who saw him the previous evening) and managed to get my copy of his book, 'Gloaming' signed, and a little chat. He's such a lovely guy and it was a pleasure to meet him and even more to hear him sing. I think I spent the whole night with my mouth hanging open in awe, but in between breaths I snapped the pictures above. I have a feeling that the rest of the audience were as bowled over as I was, considering the rave reviews that the show generated. Keaton has admitted to not massively enjoying live performance due to nerves, joking on stage about it, but perhaps that's why he's so enchanting (not that I wouldn't like him to perform live more!).

No comments:

Post a Comment